You may think simply solely giving your information out to trusted friends will be enough to in sure that private information is safe. However, this is a mistake. Your Facebook profile is logged in search engines thus making it available to millions. Even your updates are public information. Facebook privacy controls are a grand step in the right direction. This article hope to help you keep your Facebook details private.
Step 1: Use Control Sharing
2. Click View Settings.
3. Customize access by setting access controls.
4. Select level of privacy options in the drop down menus.
5. Save settings.
You will have levels of access from everyone, friends only, friends of friends and anyone in your network. You may opt to use a more custom setting. However, friends only is the most secure setting is the friends only option. To return to the first menu click “Back to Privacy” in the top left.
Step 2: Protect your Album
1. In the privacy settings window, click custom
2. Choose Customize settings.
3. Choose Edit album privacy.
4. Select the privacy option to control who has access to your photos.
Step 3: Bury Your Contact Information
1. Under Contact Information, select the option for drop down menus to “only me”.
2. Go back to Privacy, Click Back to Privacy.
3. Click Edit your settings, under Applications and website, un-check pubic search.
Remember to treat your personal data as a precious commodity. Your information can be mined and sold to the high bidder or simply stolen and exploited by spammers. Using the Facebook privacy controls, should give you a whole new level of security.
Happy Blogging...!!! :-)